31 March 2013

February

Connor at 9 months

Connor had his 9 month wellness checkup. Lucky him, he was only measured and weighed; no  shots this time. At 9 months Connor weights 18 pounds, 11 oz; length is 28 inches; and head circumference is 18 inches. Overall, his measurements drastically decreased with his percentile in weight going from 66% to 24%, percentile in length going from 83% to 26% and his percentile in head circumference going from 96% to 90%. Even though the doctor is not concerned, I am a little worried. Thinking of his past 3 months, I realized his diet had a major change. He went from nursing and solids to stopping solids completely in order to adjust to formula and slowly beginning solids again. I wonder if this change in diet stunted his growth temporally or if his body is just stabilizing. Oh the worries of first time parents. 

Connor continues to pull-up onto everything. Walking will be happening soon! We are so blessed to have such a happy baby and we absolutely LOVE his little personality.
"Oh, you know! I'm just hanging out under the sofa!"

First Time at Park

We decided to take Connor to the park for the first time. After being stuck in the house for a months because of the constant snow, freezing weather, and terrible air quality; we were experiencing a little cabin fever. The first day of sunshine, after a day of snow that cleared up the air, I thought it would be good for us to get out. As you can tell in the pictures, Connor didn't really enjoy the park very much. We probably enjoyed this outing more than Connor did. He'll get the hang of it soon and be a happy-go-lucky kid on the playground.

Valentine's Day
We enjoyed a nice Valentine's day together as a family with yummy Oreo balls and strawberries.

Logan knows I'm not into physical things and always things from the heart. So this year he got me the perfect Valentine's surprise a song to me from yours truly. 

 Around You


I sometimes take for granted
Having you in my life.
And I don’t tell you enough how much
I love that you’re my wife.

Let me set the record straight
So you see what feelings break thru.
Like how I could not carry on
Without being around you.

To be around you…
Means I have my best friend by my side.
To be around you…
Means I have a comfy shoulder when I cry.

It means I’ll never have to fear
With your support and listening ear
It means my search for true love’s finally through;
To be around you.

You never really recognize
How truly gorgeous you are.
Your eyes, your skin, your smile
Can't be compared to, By Far.

Though I must apologize
For stupid things I put you through.
There’s nothing in this life I crave more
Than being around you.

To be around you…
Means I have the softest hand to hold.
To be around you…
Means our love will grow as we grow old.

It means I’ll never have to fear
With your support and listening ear
It means my search for true love’s finally through;
To be around you!


 New Recipes




I am actually enjoying learning to cook! Who would have guessed that? If you would have told me in the past that I would actually enjoy cooking, sewing, and being a stay-at-home mom; I would have had a good, long laugh. Funny how life changes. Added to the menu this month: is Homemade Chik-fil-a Chicken Nuggets and Chik-fil-a Sauce (also found a Zaxby's sauce recipe that rocks. Tempted to put it on everything, that's how much we miss our Zaxby's sauce!); Spaghetti and Meatballs; and 100% Whole-Wheat Bread. (Special thanks goes to master chef Jenee for passing on her secrets of awesome recipes!)

Sickness

We have now experienced that sickness will be spread to the entire family. When one gets sick, we all get sick. Logan started the gross sickness, passed it to Connor, then to me. We, as new parents,  have a difficult time knowing when baby Connor is seriously sick or not. So, better safe than sorry, Connor went to the doctor. Wheezing, snot, and coughing is not fun for baby. Doctor said not much she could do since he had a virus which isn't treatable with medicine. At least we learned the proper way of sucking out snot for our future kids and we will know not to make a wasted trip to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment